Friday, October 28, 2011

the little prince.


"  'The stars are beautiful because of a flower one cannot see...'
I replied, 'Of course' and I looked at the sand dunes under the moonlight in silence.
'The desert is beautiful,' he added...
And it was true. I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a sand dune, sees nothing, hears nothing. Yet one can feel a silent radiation.
'What makes the desert so beautiful,' said the Little Prince, 'is that it hides a well somewhere.'  "


"I raised the bucket to his lips. He drank with his eyes closed. It was as sweet as a festival treat. This water was something entirely different from ordinary nourishment. It was born from the walk under the stars, the singing of the pulley and the effort of my arms. It was good for the heart, like a gift."  


"It is only with one's heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye." 






No comments:

Post a Comment